“Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son,
and they shall call his name Immanuel”
(which means, God with us).
Matthew one lays out the family tree of the Messiah. In the litany of names we see the powerful and gracious work of our God. For generations, He faithfully pointed His people towards the coming of His Son, Jesus. As we prepare to celebrate the birth of Christ this Advent season, join us in exploring the members of Christ’s family tree. There will familiar characters and names we have never heard, and each one will poignantly remind us of this truth: through Jesus Christ, we have been grafted in to the family of God.
This downloadable PDF study includes:
- Five weeks (5 days per week) of Scripture reading assignments
- Theological commentary that invites you to interact with the passage, do the hard work of study, and guides you into a deeper, more robust understanding of the Word
- Daily questions for reflection to encourage you to think deeply about the Word and integrate the truth of God’s Word into your daily life
- An introduction to Matthew one, including information on the author and a brief look at the original Greek text
- A beautifully designed family tree with space for you to complete the names of each of Christ’s ancestors as we learn about them and their stories
**This PDF download includes the entire Grafted In study for one individual. This PDF is not to be printed more than once, for more than one person. If studying as a group, please purchase the total number of downloadable studies for the number of people in your group. Thank you!